TeamViewer provides an All-In-One solution for a wide variety of scenarios like remote maintenance, spontaneous support, access to unattended computers, home office, online meetings, presentations, training sessions and team work, in a single software package. For this reason TeamViewer is a popular choice for million of users (and mines also). Well now our favourite app gets a big update to v9.0 with two-factor authentication, external keyboard/mouse support, and more.
But let us take a look first about version’s 9 features. So, with version 9:
1) You can open multiple connections in different tabs just like in your browser. For an optimal overview, you can also open all the monitors belonging to a remote computer in separate tabs. You won’t miss a thing because opened tabs will always flash when new activity occurs on the remote computer, e.g. a new chat message from a customer.
2) Protect your TeamViewer account with two factor authentication just in case your password happens to land in the wrong hands. With an established authentication app (e.g. Google Authenticator), you can simply generate a security code with your smartphone. Both the code and the password are requested during login. With this two factor authentication, TeamViewer helps you meet HIPAA and PCI DSS requirements, among others.
3) If you use Windows 8.1 or Mac OS X Mavericks now there is no problem. TeamViewer 9 is also optimized for those operating systems.
4) You can now save customized modules with your company branding (TeamViewer QuickSupport, QuickJoin or Host) in your Management Console. You or your customers simply download the created module via an individual link.
5) Copy files, folders, images, screenshots, text, and tables along with formatting from one computer to another via the clipboard. E.g. attach a local file to an email being sent from a remote computer.
6) Send files to computers and contacts from your list without first needing to establish a connection. Using an FTP server to share large amounts of data or files that exceed your email attachment size limit is now a thing of the past. Starting now, simply use TeamViewer to share files with colleagues or customers in the blink of an eye.
7) Video transfer is now even faster. Show your participant a video during a presentation or view YouTube videos on remote computers in real-time.
8) Organize instant customer support in your team more easily. All service cases are collected in your service queue and identified based on a session code. You can now manually create a new session code and pass it on to your customer in the form of a link. Instead of sharing the TeamViewer ID and password, like you used to, the customer can now join the session directly with just a click. Alternatively, a code is created automatically, as soon as the customer launches your customized TeamViewer QuickSupport. In this way, new customer cases are added to your service queue.
9) TeamViewer now informs you directly in your Computers & Contacts list when new notifications are available. Stay informed, regardless of where you happen to be.
Notifications will show you:
– New service cases.
– Service cases assigned to you.
– New contact requests for your Computers & Contacts list.
– Alerts about TeamViewer integrated monitoring checks.
10) TeamViewer 9 users can still establish remote control connections with TeamViewer 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
11) TeamViewer sessions only require one side to be licensed. This allows you to serve an unlimited number of customers with a single license.
For technical and licensing reasons, a remote control connection in the other direction, i.e., from TeamViewer 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 to TeamViewer 9, is not possible. Meetings with version 9 are also accessible for participants with version 7, 8, however, vice versa it is not possible due to the mentioned reasons.
Important note about the download links on our homepage: With the release of new main versions (e. g. 9.x etc.) for Windows, Mac or Linux, we exchange the download links on our homepage. They then always lead to the download of the latest TeamViewer version. If you want to remain working with an older version, you can continue to do so. You and your customers will find all of our previous versions on our website under Download/Previous versions. As an alternative, you can create your own customer module in your TeamViewer version and provide this module for download on your homepage.
Now let us check also what is new in version 9:
– Support for external keyboard and mouse.
– Video transmission in real-time.
– Two factor authentication.
– Process customer cases in the service queue.
Also TeamViewer now promises us that we will have all the following features:
– Mobile and flexible remotely access computers from your android device!
– Easily support friends and family when they have computer problems – no matter where you are. You can also benefit from gaining access to your private home computer to edit documents or use particular software while you are on the road.
– Both spontaneous support for friends & family and access to unattended computers (Windows, Mac, Linux) are possible – also during a telephone call.
– Transfer files from your Android mobile device to any computer and vice versa.
– Conveniently control remote computers using the multi-touch gestures: left click, right click, drag & drop, scroll wheel, zoom.
– Complete keyboard control incl. special keys such as Ctrl, Alt, Windows®.
– Meets highest security standards: 256 Bit AES Session Encoding, 1024 Bit RSA Key Exchange.
– Effortlessly access computers behind firewalls and proxy servers.
– Automatic quality adjustment.
– Remotely reboot the computer.
– Overview of friends and computers that are online – via the integrated computer list.
– Tablet ready.
3,501 total views, 1 views today