Motorola has been busy lately in regard with it’s continuous roll-out of software updates for their devices. And the company just went ahead and did it again, announcing that the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Moto G has now started to roll-out. The update will bring not only the latest Android OS available, but it also includes an improved phone app, better camera, gallery, and more. See the Official changelog for the Moto G’s update below:
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat update includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more tools and capabilities for better app development.
- Improved phone app with the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search your corporate directory easily.
- Enhanced the “touch to focus” option with a new circular, on screen control that can be dragged by your finger around the viewfinder to adjust a photo’s focus and exposure.
- Added new photo editing options to the Gallery app including new filter effects, draw on your photos, advanced cropping, and adjustments to color, exposure, contrast and more.
- Added support for printing photos, Google Docs, GMail messages, and other content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services like Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters.
- Incorporated a new version of Google Hangouts that supports integrated SMS/MMS messaging. Hangouts can be set as the default SMS app under Settings > Wireless > Default SMS app.
- Added support for Square credit card reader.
Motorola’s last few devices like the Moto X and Moto G has been quite a hit and everyone’s eyes are on them following their project “ara.” Not to mention that they are a Google company so Motorola devices will more likely receive the latest Android updates faster then most Android devices out there except for Nexus devices, of course.
31,430 total views, 2 views today